Sunday 13 December 2009

All Done and Dusted

With every word edited and checked and every image captioned, the final two manuscripts will arrive on the editor's desk this week. An oddly mixed feeling of satisfaction and disappointment at completion, however I hope to have more targets to aim for before my next post. These odd feelings do remind me that I always require a challenge, a deadline, a target. As a child I recall being given a stopwatch for Christmas. The new year saw the start of term and every day I attempted to beat my own best time walking to school. When that became an impossible barrier to break I counted my steps, less each day was the target (as my legs grew longer should have been easy, or that was the theory). Since then I've tried to beat my best score at all kinds of quiz shows and competitions. Hopefully I shall have some more targets to meet before next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment