Sunday 23 August 2009

A Week on the Road

As promised I have managed to update the blog in a week! I can't promise a truly exciting update every week - however I shall try.

Been a decent week, have managed to complete the most of the writing for the next contracted book, looking at travelling the ancient salt routes. Have a number of photographs left to retake which I shall be doing in the next few days (light and weather permitting). Shan't give too much away here but it sort of follows a similar vein to an earlier book walking the Ley Lines Across the Midlands. On the subject of that book, I received a CD of my interview on BBC Local Radio this week. Broadcast around the end of July I had not heard it before and didn't realise it was on the BBC website until I listened to the CD! If interested here is the link...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/herefordandworcester/content/articles/2009/07/27/ley_lines_book_feature.shtml

.... it does lead into the salt route theme quite nicely.

This was not my first interview on radio - not been counting but I think this must be somewhere between 12 and 15, plus a few on the telephone. It was one of the first to be pre-recorded, most are live.

As soon as this book is finished - should be ready for the post office by the end of the week - it is on to my favourite county and the subject of place name origins, but more on that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment