Sunday 20 September 2009

A Full Week

It was/will be a busy ten days in the shape of personal appearances. Three appearances during this period will mean promoting three different books.

On Thursday last I was in Abingdon at the monthly meeting of the local history and archaeological society. Here I spoke for almost an hour on the subject of Place Names, and on those in Oxfordshire in particular. As usual I offered 20/25 minutes of introduction and then opened it up to the floor for a Q&A session. I was pleased with the evening and there were some searching and quite different questions from the floor. Thanks to those who gave me the opportunity to speak and to those who asked some intriguing and quite original questions.

Monday sees me travelling west, almost to the border with Wales near Oswestry and a place called Llanymynech. Here I shall be speaking on the subject of place names once more, this time with the focus on Shropshire and my book Shropshire Place Names.

Finally Saturday at 11:00am will see me at Waterstones in The Shambles, Worcester and a 'Meet the Author' opportunity to promote Haunted Worcestershire and (hopefully) sign a few purchased copies of the book. May I offer my thanks to the management and staff at Waterstones for giving me this opportunity and I am looking forward to returning to one of my favourite English cities for the first time since the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment